adj. stub·born·er, stub·born·est. 1. a. Refusing to change one’s mind or course of action despite pressure to do so; unyielding or resolute. See Synonyms at obstinate. b. Characterized by a refusal to change one’s mind or course of action; dogged or persistent: stubborn prejudice; stubborn earnestness. 2.
What is the synonym of stubborn? adj. stub·born·er, stub·born·est. 1. a. Refusing to change one’s mind or course of action despite pressure to do so; unyielding or resolute. See Synonyms at obstinate. b. Characterized by a refusal to change one’s mind or course of action; dogged or persistent: stubborn prejudice; stubborn earnestness. 2.
What is a good sentence for stubbornness? Examples of stubbornness in a Sentence. Janvier Chouteu-Chando: Stubbornness is the bearer of disaster…”. Anthony D’Angelo: Never let your persistence and passion turn into stubbornness and ignorance. Simone de Beauvoir: In the face of an obstacle which is impossible to overcome, stubbornness is stupid.
What are the qualities of a stubborn person? Because stubborn people know what they want, they tend to be more decisive. They have greater focus and they get things done. Qualities like vision, action orientation, grit, resilience and persistence are derivatives of stubbornness. We can even argue that perseverance is stubbornness with a purpose.
What is the difference between obstinate and stubborn? obstinate, dogged, stubborn, pertinacious, mulish mean fixed and unyielding in course or purpose. obstinate implies usually an unreasonable persistence. dogged suggests an admirable often tenacious and unwavering persistence. stubborn implies sturdiness in resisting change which may or may not be admirable.
stubborn definition for kids
Why are kids so stubborn? When kids get stuck in Thinking Traps, they seem so stubborn. Their thinking is irrational. Their thoughts are being distorted, and psychologists call these Cognitive Distortions. Their perception of reality is skewed. You hear children say things like, “He thinks I’m stupid,” or “My life is over.”
What does it mean to be stubborn? adjective. Someone who is stubborn or who behaves in a stubborn way is determined to do what they want and is very unwilling to change their mind. He is a stubborn character used to getting his own way. Synonyms: obstinate, dogged, inflexible, fixed More Synonyms of stubborn.
How to handle stubborn kids effectively?
- First, recognize that much of your child’s behavior reflects his temperament.
- Establish a neutral or objective emotional climate in which to deal with your child.
- Don’t take your child’s behavior personally.
- Try to prioritize the issues and problems surrounding your child.
- Focus on the issues of the moment.
What can I do about my very stubborn kid? Work with them
- Changing the way you approach a stubborn child can change how they react to you.
- Use statements like “let’s do this…”, “how about we try that…” instead of “I want you to do … ”.
- Use fun activities to get your children to do something.
- You could also time the activity and challenge the child to put the toys away faster than you can.
What is the synonym of stubborn?
How do you pronounce stubborn? adjective. [‘ˈstʌbɝn’] tenaciously unwilling or marked by tenacious unwillingness to yield. How do you pronounce stubborn? Pronounce stubborn as ˈstəbərn. 1. Adjective One of the most stubborn stains that develops on a coffee pot is hard water. 2. Verb, past participle
How do you use stubborn in a sentence?
- I can definitely use the word stubborn in a sentence.
- Sentence 1 is an example of a sentence using stubborn.
- I am a stubborn woman.
- The word stubborn is a qualitative adjective.
- Stubborn means determined in a such a way that one’s attitude is tough to be changed.
- Synonyms of the word stubborn are obstinate, headstrong, intransigent.
What is a better word for stubborn? Synonyms for stubbornness include intransigence, bullheadedness, doggedness, intractability, intransigency, obduracy, obdurateness, obstinacy, obstinateness and
How to use “stubborn” in a sentence? stubborn Sentence Examples. Your body is stubborn, but you will heal. All because she was too stubborn to ask Evelyn to leave. His gaze dropped to the thin, stubborn line that was her mouth and then to her scarf. You’re as stubborn as a mule. She was strong and stubborn enough to walk away from him. You’re the most stubborn person I’ve ever met.